BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST
FACULTY OF FOUNDATIONAL, CAREERS AND INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Are you driven to understand the financial details and help colleagues align with a plan? Do you find satisfaction in creating budgets and processes that support the success of a diverse division?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might be the Business Support Analyst we’re looking for!
Reporting to the Business Planning Manager, the Business Support Analyst ensures that leadership is provided with timely, accurate and effective advice with respect to preparation and maintenance of program and contract budgets (expenses, revenue, costing, forecasting).
You will work closely with Dean, Associate Dean, Chairs, and Managers to ensure divisional forecasting and budgeting requirements are met.
- University degree in related discipline
- 3 years plus directly related experience in a post-secondary environment, and/or financial services or information management environment
- Significant cost estimating experience with large projects or budgets
- Certification through the International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) is considered an asset
- Leads the creation of the division’s annual budget, provides oversight on divisional budgets
- Provides scenario planning, advises of financial impact
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and update monthly planned data
- Prepare analysis of expenditure trends
- Create forecasts and cash flow
- Understand how new initiatives, enrollment changes, staff changes, etc. impact budgets and forecasting
- Identify program/contract cost pressures
- Prepare adjusting journal entries, requesting amendments if needed
- Provide advice on program costing, tuition & fee validation, enrolment planning initiatives
- Run queries and provide analysis related to tuition revenue and journal entries
- Budget and Enrollment planning scenarios (including new programs and renewals)
- Planning, forecasting, and actual reporting term by term for seats, SIP, FLES’s, and budget impacts
- Create budgets for Requests For Proposals, new program development
- Liaise with external funders on contract requirements and track and monitor expenditures
- Ensure the contract control framework is followed
- Acts as the content expert on the correct understanding and interpretation of grants and contracts
- Communicate with other colleges regarding brokerage agreements, joint initiatives and Memorandums of Understanding
- Lead the College Fiscal Year End activities and processes area
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates on project/program financial status
- Conduct environmental scans on best practices
- Research, troubleshoot and find solutions
- Support Finance on annual audits of grants and contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of financial principles with a strong aptitude with numbers and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, an ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent computer software knowledge and skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and general computer skills
- The ability to explain complex information in plain language
- The ability to highly perform in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Knowledge and understanding of operational needs and administrative processes in an office setting
- Experience in a post secondary institution preferred
SALARY: $65,318 to $84,817 per annum
NOTE: This position also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan. This is a 14 month term ending January, 2019 with a good possibility of extension.
COMPETITION NUMBER: C5127-10-17
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate is found
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter as one document.
NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As Alberta’s largest community college and regional steward for the greater Edmonton region, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse and student-centered learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.