BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DIPLOMA
FACULTY OF FOUNDATIONAL, CAREERS, INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
TEACHING AND LEARNING
Do you have a passion for sharing your knowledge and education? Are you looking for a teaching opportunity in an environment that encourages, challenges and supports you?
NorQuest College invites applications for a Full Time Term Instructor position in the dynamic and fast-paced Business Administrative Diploma. The successful candidate will have experience in knowledge transfer, developing course materials and delivering content, instructing and evaluating students, leading engaging class discussions and bringing workforce relevancy into the classroom.
If you have education and experience in the Business Administration field and are enthusiastic about a new teaching opportunity, NorQuest College has an exciting career opportunity for you!
- A related Bachelor/Master’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching and working in the field
- Experience working with International Students an asset
- Demonstrated professional conduct and human relations skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work independently
- Committed to active student learning, integrating technology into curriculum and providing engaging lectures
- Able to demonstrate understanding of diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of students
- Teach College-Level courses such as Business Communications, Human Resources Level 1, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Business Ethics and other general business courses.
- Contribute to the achievement of Faculty and Program goals
- Stay current with developments in your field by participating in professional organizations and conferences
- Plan and prepare materials for class instruction
- Instruct and evaluate the learning experience of the students
- Maintain student and program records in accordance with College requirements
- Curriculum development
- Serve on College academic committees that deal with institutional polices and departmental items
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings, professional development workshops, graduation ceremonies and other College functions
- Provide student support on academic curriculum and career guidance
- Lead and moderate classroom discussions
- Evaluate and grade student’s class work, assignments and exams
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities to meet student’s needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABIILTIES:
- Knowledge transfer
- Preparing and delivering course materials
- Instructing and evaluating students
- Leading engaging class discussions
- Bringing workforce relevancy into the classroom
NOTE: This is one year term position with a possibility of extension.
NOTE: This position also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter as one document.
NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.