LINC INSTRUCTORS (May 7th, 2018 start)
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
FACULTY OF FOUNDATIONAL, CAREERS AND INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Are you goal-oriented, organized and able to manage time to work on multiple projects simultaneously? Do you enjoy working in a busy environment and communicating with students and peers? Do you display a respectful positive attitude to your work? Are you a supportive a reliable team player? If so, consider these instructor positions with our LINC programs!
This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
- Provide language and settlement training to assist newcomers in transitioning to life in Canada, employment or further education
- Provide language instruction with a curriculum based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks that will help ESL learners get the language competencies they need to transition into employment or further education.
- Design/develop appropriate classroom activities/resources using authentic materials, resources, and technology
- Provide scholarly and service support to the program, faculty, College and the profession
- Commit to the process of continual self-study and growth
Qualifications & Requirements:
- TESL qualifications, a university degree
- Post graduate degree in TESL or related field an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in language teaching
- Strong technology skills, experience, and willingness to teach online courses an asset
- Excellent classroom management and teaching skills
- Experience and/or understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Experience in delivering program components to students with various challenges from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent student coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to identify and understand student needs, strengths and interests
- Experience in developing curriculum and resource materials, learning and evaluating materials for adult learners would be an asset
- Respectful, positive attitude
- Supportive and reliable team player
Salary: $50 per hour, with a half hour additional pay per evening shift.
This is a part time evening assignment, Tuesday and Thursdays 6 to 9pm, starting May 7th until August 10th, 2018 with a possibility of extension.
Note: We will be looking to hire several instructors, but may use this recruitment to fill future similar instructor positions.
Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.