ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
CORRECTIONS EDUCATION - NORTH EDMONTON REMAND CENTRE
FOUNDATIONAL CAREERS AND INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Are you a detail-oriented, analytical and organized? Do you enjoy problem solving and providing great customer service? Do you have experience working in a secure environment within a correctional facility? Are you intrigued at the opportunity to work in a maximum security facility? Then consider this opportunity to work for NorQuest College that supports learning programs within the Edmonton Remand Centre
Reporting to the Administrative Team Lead, this position is based at the North Edmonton Remand Centre (NERC) site and is responsible for the administrative processes to facilitate students accessing NorQuest programming at NERC.
This position provides administrative support for students to be recruited, placed in appropriate courses, registered and certified. The position keeps accurate and timely records using NorQuest College and the Solicitor General databases and assures the continuity of accurate information gathered for reporting.
• Daily maintenance of student files (discharges, new admits)
• Preparation of weekly attendance sheets, student wait lists and developing class lists
• Prepare student registration
• Document final course results and outcomes
• Prepare assessments and stats
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum one year diploma in Administration or Business
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative support role
· Experience working in an educational, correctional or secured environment an asset
· Experience with MS Office, with advanced level proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
· Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to respect the requirements of working within secure environment
· Experience working with PeopleSoft is an asset
· High level security criminal record clearance required
· Quality assurance is paramount; must have exceptional skills for accuracy and attention to detail.
· Maintaining confidentiality is of utmost importance.
SALARY: $40,559- $50,816 commensurate with education and experience. This AUPE position also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan.
COMPETITION NUMBER: P4417-010-18-MS
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidate found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.