PEOPLESOFT SECURITY ANALYST
EDUCATION & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Reporting to the Manager of ERP systems, the PeopleSoft Security Analyst helps achieve its strategic and regulatory outcomes by ensuring that access to our PeopleSoft Enterprise environment is appropriate, secure, auditable, and conforms to regulatory requirements.
This position primarily provides day-to-day administration of access requests and role changes in our PeopleSoft environment. This position also performs requirements gathering, designing and testing of new functionality or services relating to PeopleSoft.
PeopleSoft Security Administration: provides day-to-day operational support and administration of PeopleSoft access/terminations requests and PeopleSoft role creation and administration
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are coordinated with according to agreed procedures. Provides guidance in defining access rights and roles.
- Identifies and resolves issues relating to PeopleSoft Security, following agreed procedures. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Maintains specialized knowledge of PeopleSoft Security provides detailed advice regarding its application and executes specialized tasks.
- Maintains documentation, tracking system and logs relating to PeopleSoft Access Requests.
- Coordinates audits of PeopleSoft Access as part of established audit procedures.
Service Management: ensures that service delivery meets agreed service levels
- Acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support
- Responds to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution
- Provides first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate
- Prioritizes and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution
- Escalates unresolved incidents
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents
- Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures
- Assists with the development standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues
- Contributes to creation of support documentation
- Prepares or customizes and delivers learning activities relating to PeopleSoft, PeopleSoft Security or IT processes to a variety of audiences
Functional and business analysis: project and change management support
- Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements related to but not limited to PeopleSoft security, reporting and communications requests
- Assists in more complex requirements activities and with the processes for establishing agreed baselines for change and managing the assessment and application of requested changes to those requirements
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization
- Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes
- Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work
- Two-year diploma from a recognized technical institution
- 3-5 years’ of related experience
- Equivalencies may be considered
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation would be considered an asset
- Business Analysis related accreditation would be considered an asset
- Ability to solve complex problems and to work independently through ambiguity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an IT related role focusing on customer support, incident management, and service management
- Broad PeopleSoft (or ERP) Functional Experience is strongly desired
- PeopleSoft Security Administration, PeopleSoft Query and Report development, Broad knowledge of overall PeopleSoft functionality and architecture
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Basic understanding of business analysis
- Communications and technical writing
- Public speaking and training
- Strong communicator
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Has a technical background
SALARY: $52,052 - $67,626 per annum. Commensurate with education and experience
COMPETITION NUMBER: P5268-10-18
CLOSING DATE: November 2, 2018
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document
NOTE: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.