MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RECRUITMENT
STRATEGIC INTEGRATION AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS
The Manager of International Recruitment is responsible for researching, developing, implementing and reporting on the International Recruitment Stratetgy and related plans for the Department. The primary objective of the Manager is to effectively and efficiently attract and recruit international students into NorQuest's credit and non-credit programming. The position will also involve identifying new business opportunities (contract training) ,foreign market promotional opportunities, and fostering international relationships and partnerships that aligh with the College's Strategic Priorities.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Lead on the development of the College's International Recruitment Strategy including determining focus, locations, types and levels of recruitment activities and marketing/promotions required to meet targets, and establishing/evaluating target markets for recruitment activities
- Develop and execute annual recruitment plans (activities, timelines and resources required) that will work towards meeting strategic goals; examples include international travel/attendance at education fairs/events, promotional/recruitment activities at targeted high school and postsecondary institutions abroad, developing and delivering presentations about NorQuest College and the programs to prospects and influencers abroad, and meeting and providing information/training to international agents who are recruiting on behalf of the College.
- Work closely with Brand & Market Development team and provide market and in-country marketing opportunities intelligence, target market information, and objectives for target countries, to support the development of marketing plans, materials, and campaigns across all mediums used in the Brand & Marketing department and supporting the development of promotional materials specific to international recruitment activities; including but not limited to publications, collateral, web content, social media information, and targeted marketing activities.
Relationship Management/Business Development
- Identify opportunities for new strategic markets and partnerships to aid in the development of international recruitment initiatives & activities
- Oversee International Agent Management: includes the development of international agent contracts; developing country/region specific agent requirements and strategies, determining agent suitability, providing information and training to agent staff, and implementing policies/procedures for evaluating agent effectiveness.
- Identify and follow up on opportunities for contract training and/or development projects, in international markets referring leads to other team members or units as required.
BUDGET AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Manage the marketing and recruitment team to meet or exceed their clearly defined goals.
- Develop and effectively manage the budget related to international marketing and recruitment.
- Foster a collaborative and respectful atmosphere within the International Marketing and Recruitment Team
- Manage the design, implementation, and delivery of various internationalization initiatives and activities. (esp. related to recruitment and marketing)
- Deploys resources to ensure financial objectives for activities are met.
- Completion of a relevant Bachelor degree required, PMP designation would be considered a valuable asset.
- 5 years of related management experience in international student recruitment
- Experiencing effectively managing staff in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Marketing (including online marketing) and/or business development experience
- Demonstrated record of generating new business and building/maintaining client relationships in existing and new market sectors is required
- Demonstrated experience in international marketing communications and strategy
- Hands-on experience moving programs from inception to completion, and knowledgeable in every phase of work from marketing research to strategy development, to objective setting, to budget setting, monitoring and maintenance
- Experience in new client identification and relationship development/maintenance in international arenas.
- Must be willing to travel in-country and overseas occasionally
SALARY: $84,748- $105,965 per annum; commensurate with education and experience. This position also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan.
CLOSING DATE: January 1, 2019
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this on-line process.
NOTE: Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 14 days.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college serving 8,500 students annually, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse and student-centered learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.