ESL CONSULTANT, REGION EAST-WEST (FULL-TIME SALARIED POSITION)
LANGUAGE TRAINING, FACULTY OF FOUNDATIONAL, CAREERS, INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
NorQuest College seeks an experienced Rural Routes Regional Consultant for the East-West Region (Jasper-Cold Lake). As an ESL consultant you will provide high-quality consulting support to adult ESL providers/programs found in rural and small urban communities of Alberta’s northern region. Your expertise in TESL will inform your development of new workshops and training materials. You will use your experience and consulting skills to enhance the delivery of ESL programs. Through communication and great client service you will mentor service providers to achieve standards.
Our aim is to ensure that these services are aligned with Canada Language Benchmarks (CLBs), ATESL’s Best Practices and guidelines for ESL programming.To learn more about NorQuest’s involvement in the Northern Alberta region please visit our website for our regional map at www.norquest.ca/ruralroutes.
- Provide mentorship and professional development services to rural and small urban ESL providers and programs
- Provide online workshops (webinars) and mentorship services to targeted group
- Build relationships with community ESL programs related to the project deliverables
- Support the capacity of ESL providers to offer English language programming and services
- Develop, revise and deliver presentations, workshops and supports to ESL providers and programs
- Regular tracking, reporting, and status updates
- Attending regular team meetings, and target group’s regional meetings
- Contribute to the Rural Routes Initiative resource database
- Contribute to the Rural Routes online community
- Communications with your region
- Masters in TESL preferred
- Preference will be given to candidate with familiarity of rural ESL program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse individuals and organizations
- Create and deliver effective professional development workshops
- Familiar with the use of E-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a PC
- Knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and ATESL revised Best Practices document
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
NOTE: You must have your own vehicle and be willing to drive long distances to Rural Routes communities within the east-west region (Jasper – Cold Lake). Communication and support of clients will occur by phone, computer and in-person.This is a one-year term position with a very good chance of renewal.
COMPETITION NUMBER: ESL-01-2019
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable candidate is found
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 28 days.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
FACULTY OF FOUNDATIONAL, CAREER, & INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Are you goal-oriented, organized and passionate about teaching English language learners? Do you enjoy working in a busy environment and communicating with students and peers? Are you a supportive and reliable team player with a respectful positive attitude? If so, consider being a casual ESL instructor with the largest ESL school in Edmonton.
The college is a leader in English language training. We have developed the curriculum, resources, and skills to provide top-quality ESL instruction. Our talented and highly qualified instructors bring a wide range of expertise to the classroom. We offer a variety of excellent English programs and courses to meet our students’ diverse needs. Canadian Language Benchmarks are an integral part of our programs.
More than 500 students study English as a second language (ESL) at NorQuest College, making this the largest ESL school in Edmonton. Our students represent nationalities and cultures from every part of the world. You will help ESL learners get the language competencies they need to transition into employment or further education.
Provide language instruction with a curriculum based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks
Teach ESL using a variety of methods including demonstrations, discussions, brainstorming sessions, lectures, seminars, case studies, field trips, independent or group projects
- Design/develop appropriate classroom activities/resources using authentic materials, resources, and technology
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments; and adapting your teaching style to meet the needs of students
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required
- TESL qualifications, a university degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in language teaching; master’s degree preferred
- Excellent classroom management and teaching skills
- Experience and/or understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Experience in delivering program components to students with various challenges from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2019-2343
NOTE: We are looking for casual full-time instructors to support our ESL and LINC 16 week programming throughout the year.
CLOSING DATE: Open until suitable candidates are found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with the on-line process.
NOTE: Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 28 days.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As Alberta’s largest community college and regional steward for the greater Edmonton region, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.